August 14, 2022 (MLN): The latest weekly roundup covers the latest economic and financial data releases over the past week to keep an eye on next week's trends.
- The Weekly Sensitive Price Indicator (SPI) for the Combined Group decreased by 0.08% during the week ended Aug 11, 2022 while the SPI increased by 37.69% compared to the corresponding period from last year.
- The passenger car sales witnessed a massive decline of 50% YoY in the first month of FY23 i.e., July 2022, clocking in at 10,377 units, when compared to 20,669 units recorded in the same month last fiscal year due to higher interest rates, measures taken by the regulators to curb auto imports and cost-led price hikes.
- The total liquid foreign exchange reserves held by the country dropped by $648 million or 4.6% WoW to stand at $13.56 billion during the week ended on August 5, 2022, compared to $14.2bn in the previous week.
- The National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (Nepra) on Thursday notified an Rs11.10 per unit increase in power tariff for K-Electric consumers on account of fuel cost adjustment (FCA) for June 2022.
- The State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) on Wednesday raised Rs467 billion through the auction of three, six, and twelve-month T-bills against the target of Rs550bn.
- Pakistan's economy continued to recover in H1-FY22, and is expected to grow around the middle of the forecast range of 4-5% for FY22, lower than last year’s growth of 5.6%, noted the Half Year Report for FY22 on the State of Pakistan’s Economy issued by SBP.
Copyright Mettis Link News