Syed Ali Zafar, Federal Minister for Energy in a statement here today, said that Federal Government has decided to reduce petroleum prices in order to provide relief to the general public.
- Petrol price cut by Rs 4.26 to Rs 95.24 litre
- Diesel price reduce by Rs 6.37 to Rs 112.94 litre
- Kerosene price reduce by Rs 3.74 to Rs 83.96
- Light diesel price reduce by Rs 5.54 to Rs 75.37
- Sales tax on petrol reduce to 12% from 17%
- Sales tax on diesl reduce to 9% from 17%
- Sales tax on kerosene reduce to 24% from 31%
- Sales tax on light diesel reduce to 9% from 17%
- Reduction in sale tax to lower tax collection by Rs 10 billion
The caretaker government, he said, was fully aware of the problems being faced by the people and was determined to reduce their sufferings despite the present financial constraints
The prices changes will go in effect from July 08, 2018.