Mettis Global News
Mettis Global News
Mettis Global News
Mettis Global News

Trending :

OGDC discovers hydrocarbons in Kohat block

OGDC successfully revitalize Kunnar-11 well
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on whatsapp

March 26, 2024 (MLN): Oil & Gas Development Company Limited (PSX: OGDC) has discovered hydrocarbons in the exploratory segment of the Togh-02 (Slant) well in the Lumshiwal-II Formation, the latest notice issued by the company on the local bourse revealed today.

The discovery was made on sole risk, with OGDC holding a 75% stake and Saif Energy Limited (SEL) holding the remaining 25%.

To note, OGDCL is the operator of the Kohat Exploration License, governed under the Pakistan Petroleum & Exploration Rules, 2001, located in the District of Kohat, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa,

The well was spudded on August 28, 2023, and successfully reached its total depth (TD) at 2,600 meters measured depth (MD).

Based on the interpretation of wireline logs, the Cased Hole Drill Stem Test (CHDST-01) was performed in the Lumshiwal-II Formation.

The well flowed at a rate of 2.842 million standard cubic feet per day (MMSCFD) of gas and 28 barrels per day of condensate (BPDC), with a wellhead flowing pressure of 540 pounds per square inch (PSI) at a 32/64" choke size.

It is noteworthy that this gas/condensate discovery has further extended the hydrocarbon play area in the Togh Structure with potential new opportunities, the notice further read.

Copyright Mettis Link News

Posted on: 2024-03-26T10:38:25+05:00