December 13, 2019 (MLN): Avanceon Limited via notification to Exchange has informed that Avanceon (F.Z.E), its wholly-owned subsidiary has been awarded a contract (approx. SAR 0.5 million) for the provision of a robust, secure and high functional PLC based SCADA System to manage operations at Saudi Aramco's Abqaiq Sewage Treatment Plant (STP) in the eastern province of Saudi Arabia.
This project is a part of the Kingdom's effort in increasing volume of treated sewage and make it reusable for irrigation in agriculture and other uses.
As per the notification, Avanceon proposed solution consists of a central SCADA system (redundant PLC configuration) with 07 local control stations for automatic operation & control of the wastewater treatment facility. Detailed scope othe f project includes:
- Design, engineering, supply, Installation, configuration, testing & commissioning of PLC based SCADA system for handling screening and grit systems' operations as per approved specifications.
- Supply of the system hardware, software and its accessories for communications backbone.
- Development of Human Machine Interface (HMI), graphics, control sequence, dashboards, trends, as per functional design specifications.
- Supply of explosion proof local control stations for handling local equipment operations.
- Detailed design documentation such as PLC system cabinets drawings, engineering manuals, process flow diagrams (PFDs) etc.
- Pre-Commissioning, commissioning, start-up and training Services.
Further, the notification revealed that the project is scheduled to be completed by the mid of 2020. Avanceon's long term service history, strong project references, and a technically sound solution played a major role in acquiring this project.
Additionally, the Contract shall have a positive impact on the group's financials and enhances existing opportunities as well provides a gateway for new businesses.
Copyright Mettis Link News