December 18, 2019 (MLN): Avanceon Limited has been awarded a contract (approx. AED 0.6 million) to provide highly sophisticated PLC-based control and safety systems for the world’s leading Oilfield Services firms.
According to the notification issued by the company in this regard, these control systems will be used to provide operational control for Under Balanced Drilling (UBD) equipment and Managed Pressure Drilling (MPD) choke skid.
‘Avanceon’s solution adopts the most current proven technology standards allowing a robust, secure and cost-effective control system; meeting the system’s functional requirements. Avanceon will be collaborating with the leading Industrial Software Solutions providing firms to execute this project’ the notification said.
Detailed scope of work includes:
- Design, engineering, supply, installation, testing and commissioning of PLC based Control and Process Safety System (Emergency Shutdown System) for UBD equipment.
- Design, engineering, supply, installation, testing and commissioning of PLC based Control system for MPD choke skid
- Supply and programming of the integrated design for both hardware and software components
- Development of Human Machine Interface (HMI), graphics, database, etc. as per functional design specifications
- Control panels will be certified for Zone l and ll hazardous areas. Emergency Shutdown System (ESD) will be SIL-2 certified
‘Avanceon, a globally recognized system integrator has been serving the industry for more than 30 years now. It has an impressive history of delivering high-end control, electrical and instrumentation projects with some of the major Oil & Gas clients. Avanceon’s long term service history, strong project references and a technical sound solution played a major role in acquiring this project’ it further added.
Copyright Mettis Link News