January 19, 2022 (MLN): To contain the spread of COVID-19 amid the fifth wave of the pandemic in the country, the National Command and Operation Center (NCOC) announced the virus-induced restrictions that include the closure of indoor gatherings and dining from Jan 24 where infection ratio is above 10%.
After a deliberate and consultive process with federating units, the forum, chaired by Federal planning minister Asad Umar, decided to impose the following restrictions with a positivity rate above 10%.
- Closure of indoor dining; outdoor dining (for fully vaccinated), takeaway and delivery will continue
- Closure of indoor wedding ceremonies, outdoor gathering restricted to 300 persons
- Indoor gyms to operate with 50pc capacity for fully vaccinated individuals only.
- Public transport to operate with 70pc occupancy
- Cinema allowed to open at 50pc capacity for fully vaccinated individuals only
However, a gathering of 500 is allowed for outdoor gatherings/ marriages if the infection rate is below 10%.
While Market/ Business activities will continue without time restrictions.
The meeting also decided to implement a complete ban on inflight serving of meals/snacks for domestic travel.
The forum asked federating units to take strict measures against violators of SOPs especially mask-wearing and to ensure enforcement of obligatory vaccination regime.
The new restriction for the wedding sector will remain effective till Feb 15 while NCOC will review the situation on Jan 27 in wake of the rising disease trend in the country.
Copyright Mettis Link News