July 04, 2022 (MLN): The Economic Coordination Committee (ECC) of the Cabinet, in its meeting which is scheduled to be held on Wednesday, July 6, 2022, will approve the amendments in the import policy order 2022, to allow imports from Afghanistan in Pak Rupee, a document acquired by MG News revealed.
On June 27, Prime Minister Muhammad Shehbaz Sharif approved the import of super-critical quality coal from Afghanistan in Pakistani rupee instead of dollars to help generate low-cost electricity in the country.
Besides, the other important agendas for this meeting comprised of the following points:
- Provision of Supplementary Grant amounting to Rs193.006 billion on Account of Revised Budget Estimates for Foreign Loan Payments Year 2021-22
- Technical Supplementary Grant for Budgetary Allocation/ Rupee Cover for Utilization of Foreign Aid for Financial Year 2021-22.
- Provision of Funds to HEC to Release Markup Amount to Bank 2021-22.
- Continuation of Prime Minister's Relief Package 2020, Sasta Atta Initiative for KPK & Expansion of Utility Stores Network Across
- Prohibition/Complete Quantitative Restrictions on Import of Non-Essential and Luxury Items
- WFP Operation – Purchase / Reservation of 120,000 Metric Tons of Wheat for Afghanistan in the Year 2022-23
- Declaration of “National Disease Emergency on Account of Emergence of Lumpy Skin Disease in Pakistan.
Copyright Metttis Link News