October 19, 2020: Avanceon Automation and Control W.L.L., a subsidiary of Avanceon Limited in Qatar, has been contracted to provide an Intelligent Transport System for the Public Works Authority Ashghal in Lusail City.
The multimillion-dollar project worth over USD 10 Million is part of the State of Qatar’s initiative to redesign and upgrade the existing roads network and infrastructure services. Avanceon will be responsible for the design and build of a fully functioning Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) including the power supply requirements for the Road Tunnels of Road A1 (CP07B) and Road A3 (CP07C-1A). The ITS will be capable of functioning within the tunnel as a standalone and comply with local authority requirements and standards.
The scope of work includes:
1. Design, Engineering, Supply, Installation, Testing & Commissioning of,
- ITS CCTV cameras (Automatic Incident Detection Cameras, PTZ Cameras)
- Emergency Roadside Telephones (ERT)
- ITS enclosures
- Lane Control Signs (LCS)
- Related Software to operate CCTV, LCS/DMS
2. Seamless integration between all tunnel systems and the ITS’s configuration and control with the existing central SCADA system.
3. Detailed design documentation, drawings, engineering manuals, process flow diagrams (PFD) etc.
4. Pre-Commissioning, Commissioning, Start Up and Training Services.
The massive infrastructure project is another step forward for the state of Qatar in realizing its 2030 Vision of transforming into an advanced society capable of achieving sustainable development. Avanceon’s selection was based on its reliable service history, strong local presence and innovative solution which promises to create value for both the customer and residents. The project is another impressive flagship addition to Avanceon’s comprehensive infrastructure portfolio.
Copyright Mettis Link News