February 21, 2022 (MLN): Avanceon Saudi for Energy Co. WLL, a subsidiary of Avanceon FZE has been selected to execute an innovative and state-of-the-art SCADA solution for the Masjid Al-Haram Expansion Project in Makkah, Avanceon Limited (AVN) informed through a notice to PSX.
The Haram expansion project aims to restore Masjid Al-Haram’s central position in the city and give the mosque an architectural and engineering aspect to welcome a growing number of pilgrims.
Avanceon will be responsible for the PLC-based SCADA systems, Instrumentation, Real-Time Data Acquisition, Performance Monitoring Systems, and Turnkey Automation to ensure new praying areas and essential services to millions of pilgrims who visit Makkah for Hajj and Umrah.
With the Al-Ka’bah as its focal point, the Haram Expansion project will extend radially outwards across a 684 m distance. It will include the construction of a new Haram building, courtyards around the mosque, a new services building, a Central Utility Complex (CUC), a hospital, civil defence, and security facilities, as well as bridges and pedestrian walkways. A utility tunnel serves as the main artery, harbouring utilities from the CUC to the Haram, including chilled water, water supply, firefighting, wastewater, refuse collection, and electric cables. With water as the lifeblood of a pilgrims’ journey, waterproofing and other measures will be employed to ensure that the spring water, Zamzam, remains contaminant-free.
The total value of the project is 16 million SAR approx. (Rs750 million approx.) and is currently in its initial stages. The company expects to complete it within the agreed timeline. The project duration is 26 months and Avanceon will complete the project by Dec 2023.
The scope of work on this project for Avanceon entails the following:
1. Engineering, Material Survey, Supply, Testing, and Handing over of SCADA System
2. Automation, Communication, Power & Energy, and Security Solutions
3. DCS/PLC-based Systems, Instrumentation Package, Real-Time Data Acquisition, Performance Monitoring Systems, and Turnkey Automation
4. System monitoring and/or controlled by SCADA will include the following,
- Chilled water, Condensed water, Make-up water Systems and Grey Water treatment plant.
- Chemical feed, Generator Plant, Central Waste Handling and Compressed Air Systems.
- Distribution pumps in the chiller plant and Tanks & Pumps Station.
5. Start-Up and Performance Testing services
This contract execution gives a pathway for positive impact on the group’s business and value for its shareholders, the notice said.
Copyright Mettis Link News